Monday, February 11, 2013

Leage of Extraordinary Bloggers Post: I Love...

Oh man, has it been a long time since I've posted a League assignment! But what can I say? I found myself inspired by this one.

This week's assignment is all about listing the things you love, and since my blog is all about the geekier things in life, I thought I'd just start typing about all the geeky things I love and we'll just see what comes out.

Ready? Here we go.

I love Princess Leia. I also love Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, Yvonne Craig as Batgirl, Daisy Duke, and especially Elvira. And I have loved all of these women almost my entire life.

I love Star Wars. I love the friendship between Han and Chewie. I love X-Wing Fighters. I love Jawas. And I love every single second of Empire Strikes Back.

I love classic Disney. That includes all pre-80s Disney movies, Disneyland and old Mickey Mouse and Uncle Scrooge comics (especially anything by Carl Barks).

Since we're talking artists, I love Frank Frazetta, Chuck Jones, Charles Shultz, Bernie Wrightson, Dan Brereton, Mike Mignola, Sergio Aragones, John Buscema & Ernie Chan and most importantly Jack Kirby.

I love cartoons like Space Ghost, The Herculoids and Thundarr the Barbarian.

I have always, and still do, love the Smurfs.

I love The Walking Dead, the show and the comics and the toys.

I love the smell of old comic books and paperback novels.

I love Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns.

I love all of the Elder Scrolls games, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

I love old school games too, especially Pac Man, Tempest, Donkey Kong, Galaga and Centipede. And I love the Atari 2600, especially Pitfall on that system.

I love the book Ready Player One. And I love everything that Terry Pratchett has ever written and I love the Harry Potter books.

I love comic book conventions.

I love Colorforms and Stomper 4X4s and Mego dolls and M.U.S.C.L.E. men and Tomy wind-up robots and Kenner Star Wars figures and Nerf footballs and Shogun Warriors.

I love every single second of Conan the Barbarian. And The Beastmaster, for that matter.

But most of all, I love my wife, my two cats and my dog more than life itself. I love my job. I love my friends, especially the Vivace and Beaver Camp crew. And I love my fellow geek bloggers, the Dork Horders and the fellow League members.

And I love my mom.

I guess I'll end it there. I'm sure I'll think of a thousand other things that I love and the fact that I have that many things to love in my life is the thing I love the most.


What does the rest of the League love?

Branded In The 80's
Goodwill Hunting for Geeks
Fortune & Glory (Days)