Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Zombie Infestation Spreads to My Work Desk...

I'm back, fellow Hordytes! And my first order of business is to warn all of you to STAY AWAY FROM MY DESK AT WORK! DEAD INSIDE!

Some of you may remember about a month back or so I picked up one of those McFarlane Walking Dead Rick Grimes action figures while on a trip to Universal Studios. Since then, Rick has guarded my work desk against the ever-present threat of undead walkers, but no matter how vigilant he is, it was only a matter of time before one got through.

And that's exactly what happened when I picked up this "Zombie Biter" figure at a local Barnes & Noble...


I tried in vain to find a Daryl Dixon figure, but considering how popular he is, I'm not surprised that he was the only one sold out.


It's odd that for someone who has never really been the biggest proponent of McFarlane toys, I sure have been buying a lot of them lately. But I can't help it! Just look how beautiful this figure is...


Sure, there are a few odd articulation choices, but I've come to expect that from McFarlane. Actually, I pretty much just expect these to be statues when I buy them, so any added, useful articulation is just a pleasant surprise in my book.

Most of the Walking Dead figures from McFarlane come with some sort of "action feature" (or at least a buttload of accessories). This nasty little devil's action feature is his ultra-disgusting biting action, facilitated by a button on his back. Nom, nom, nom...


And what's he nomming on? Why, a rotten hunk of bloody deer meat, of course (included)!


I don't really know how many more of these I'll buy. I definitely want to get Daryl, and Merle and Michone are coming soon, and all of these are from McFarlane's series based on the TV show, as I've yet to pick up any from the comic series.

But before I get any more zombies to wander my desk at work, Rick needs to survive this creeper. And to do that, he better grow some eyes in the back of his head...


See you all next time!