Friday, August 24, 2012

Top 5 Friday! The Top 5 Coolest Things in My New Office at Funko!

It's time once again for another Top 5 list, and since I've spent the week getting used to my new gig at Funko, I thought it would be fun to show you all some of the cool stuff I've seen, or work near, or whatever. I don't mean to be all braggity-brag-brag about my new job, but please humor me. I'm still pretty jazzed.

Anyway, here's the top 5 things that got my attention right away. Enjoy...

1. Giant Frankenberry

This mammoth General Mills monster cereals mascot greets you when you walk into the front lobby. And I do mean mammoth. Frankie is as tall as I am. It was all I had in me not to run up and hug it when I first saw it.
2. My Co-worker Amos' MOTU Collection

When I discovered that this was the kind of place that you can set up your Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain, I knew I was going to fit right in. Also, I knew I was going to get along with Amos like we were long lost brothers.
3. The Giant Wall Graphics

There are three of these in the main hallway leading to the art department; Secret Squirrel, Hong Kong Phooey and Captain America. Each one stand at least a foot over my head, if not more. It's like walking through a Hanna Barbera animation cel.
4. The Funko Library

Ever wanted to see a room filled with every single Funko product ever made? Well, now you have. This picture only captures one small section of it. It's beyond impressive.
5. My New Workstation

Okay, this is probably cool only to me, but after years of working at home, all alone, on my crappy home PC, it's a breath of fresh air to be in an art department again, surrounded by like-minded creative types, cranking out new artwork on a brand new Mac.








Okay, I'll stop bragging now. Tune in next week for another Top 5 list (that I promise won't be so self indulgent)!