Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Monster Mash-Up T-Shirt Design!

The other day, I stumbled onto this t-shirt design...



...(which is by an artist known as Raz and was originally available for order at Shirtpunch) that totally reminded me of another old t-shirt design I did back when I was with my old company. This is yet another design that didn't make the cut, but it was designed during one of our mad dashes to knock out a ton of potential designs for a Halloween program.

The two ideas are super similar, but the styles are completely different. Here's mine...


Looking at the two together, mine looks pretty cartoony. I guess that's what I was going for because if my memory serves me, I think this program was supposed to be for younger kids. Maybe it was too scary for that age-group and too cartoony for an older age group and that's why it never got produced. Now that I'm looking at it, I really hate the orange glow I added, and that "distress" filter was something they always made up add. It looks misplaced here, though.

Either way, I love that people can come up with such similar ides independently and execute them in such a different way.

Here's the original sketch I made for this design...


Now that I look at it, I guess I technically squeezed in an extra monster with the Mummy bandages. ;)

So, there's that. Just thought I'd share.