Friday, February 17, 2012

Collection Dump! Kenner Indiana Jones Edition!

Next to Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark was pretty much the greatest movie I had ever seen. When my mom told me we were going to see it, I thought it was a movie about Noah's Ark, and I begged for her to not make me sit through some stupid bible movie. But she promised me there would be skeletons and snakes and sword fights (I guess she saw some previews) and that it had Han Solo in it and after that little tidbit of information, I was in.

Thank the gods. Because I just don't know what my life would have been like without that bullwhip wielding archeologist striking such a major chord in me and sparking a furious lust for adventure within my young, impressionable heart.

So it goes without saying that I loved the toys as a kid, too. However, I never had many of them. Just Indy and Toht, actually. But that didn't stop me from sending my Indy on tons of adventures usually involving digging up this plastic mummy sarcophagus I has with an awakened Warduke (from LJN's Dungeons & Dragons line) waiting inside. (But I've told that story over and over.)

A while back, I managed to score several mint figures in the original Kenner Indiana Jones collection, but never got around to showing off a couple of other, namely Salah and Toht, that I got from our good friend Colin from Super-Duper Toybox. Thanks Colin!

Anyway, since I was rearranging the Nerdatorium and taking pics of stuff in my collection, I thought I'd take a moment and post these pics for all to enjoy. So... you know... enjoy.







One of these days, I'll get around to getting the rest in this collection. But some of it is so rare, I'll probably have to coordinate a dig in Egypt to find them.