Friday, November 25, 2011

I'm Seriously Getting Into Paper Toys...

Ever since the company I work for has started dabbling in papercraft stuff (we're launching a huge papercraft playset series in a few months), I've been slowly falling more and more in love with building cool things out of paper.

It was in this spirit that I decided to pick up this box set from Barnes & Noble a couple of weeks back that was filled with ten different papercraft robots you can build and even pit against each other in a paper-robot battle royale...


The ten different bots come on these sheets, which are already perforated and scored for easy punching out and folding. Then, all you have to do is glue down the tabs in their appropriate spots and before you know it, it's Robot Throwdown Time!


I've only made 6 of the ten so far. Here they are...




There was something so satisfying about building one's own toys. I mean, yes, they were already designed and perforated and scored and super easy to build, but I still couldn't help but feel like I've sort of "earned" these toys. Before I knew it, I had a practically instant collection that took just a little more than buying it and taking out of a package.

It's official: I'm hooked.

I'm planning on picking up these two gems as well, before taking the step of printing and cutting out some choice pieces that I've found on the interwebs. And, of course, once the papercraft playsets that I'm personally working on are released to retail, that should be the most satisfying collection of all!