Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Lunchbox Book!

Here's another little gem I picked up for all of $2 a couple of weeks ago. I notice that I am becoming a sucker for these picture-heavy "collection retrospective" type books. It's sort of like having an instant collection of whatever the book is about. For example, this one is obviously all about classic lunchboxes, which I don't collect (although I do have one vintage Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox with the thermos) but can now spend a lazy Sunday afternoon poring over, soaking in the brilliant vintage graphics.

This book got me thinking about my own lunchboxes of yesteryear, which were as follows:

1st grade: Peanuts
2nd grade: Star Wars
3rd grade: Dukes of Hazzard
4th grade: Masters of the Universe
5th Grade: Return of the Jedi

I bet in 3,000 years when Earth's new alien colonists start to excavate our landfills in order to learn more about us, they'll unearth any one of my old lunchboxes and it will probably still smell like peanut butter and jelly and cherry Kool-Aid.

I also had an old Spider-Man lunchbox that I got at a yard sale that I just kept trading cards in. God I wish I still had that.

Anyway, enjoy the pics of the book...