Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Monster Skate Decks!

So, I know I don't post much here, but that's mostly because I've been working as a staff artist for a t-shirt and toy company for the past year, cranking out art on a daily basis, and I wasn't allowed to show this work while I'm employed by them but I can show it all off for "portfolio purposes" once I'm no longer with the company.

Well, as of May 4th, I'm officially laid off. Along with about six other artist and countless other staff. So, I've decided to say "screw it" and show off some of my hard work. Get ready for an art flood!

Today's pieces were posted here once already, but then I heard from a coworker that I could technically gert in trouble for showing them, so now I want to repost them because a) they're dope, b) the whole project got scrapped anyway, and c) that whole laid off thing.

So enjoy these skateboard deck designs I did for a line of monster/skate related toys and apparel we were calling Team Transylvania!






Oh, and don't worry about lil ol' me, I've already got a new job as an Art Director for a new company waiting for me. So I landed on my feet. In fact, you can see me and my art (all the stuff I've been doing with my new company) at this year's San Diego Comic Con! (Booth 5602)