Thursday, December 23, 2010

The 2010 Action Figure Nativity!

Earlier today, I spotted this great improvised Nativity scene that our good friend Bubbashelby made and posted to his Tumblr, which you can see HERE. Seeing this reminded me of the action figure Nativity scene I made and posted on that old blog (Gleek Orthopedics, or something like that), which looked a lot like this...


(Click all the pics to make mucho biggo)

Then, I thought, "I gotta make another one!" But I didn't have a lot of time and I gave away my Playmobil Christmas set, including all the animals, and so I ran down to the garage and quickly made a manger out of cardboard. I brought it upstairs, stuck a sparkly snowflake ornament on it and filled it with the usual Nativity cast.

And here it is, folks, the 2010 Action Fingure Nativity!


Awwww... it's the story of Jesus...


Above, we see the three wise men, played by Crystar, who brought the newborn savior his first cellphone, Ringlerun the Wizard, bringing a ninja throwing star and a bag of Jelly Bellies and Dastan, who brought the infant a pair of snow goggles.


The three shepherds, Flynn, Snake Eyes and Chewbacca brought their herd of glow-in-the-dark Japanese dinosaur skeletons to witness the birth of the savior.


And here we have the baby Jesus himself, played by a vintage Tomy Rascal Robot and looked over by Han Solo and his mother, the sainted Wonder Woman. Look how peaceful the child looks, wrapped in the warmth of Mork's space egg. 


And looking over it all, is an agnel of the Lord, who also happens to be from Mars, and has a crossbow.

And that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown. :) MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!